Principles of Food Safety in Dairy Pasteurisation
The Principles of Food Safety in Dairy Pasteurisation course has been developed for those involved in processing and packaging of thermally pasteurised milk and is specifically designed to provide an introduction to the theories underpinning the concepts of milk pasteurisation and the critical components of its production.
The course has been developed in accordance with regulatory frameworks and has been acknowledged by Australia’s dairy regulators that successful completion of the course can be used to supplement or assist with demonstration of the skills and knowledge required by clause 3 of Standard 3.2.2 of the Food Standards Code.
The course is designed for operators and supervisors, however is also well suited for those in management, production, quality, technical and maintenance who wish to have a better understanding of the pasteurisation process of milk for sole use, or use in other dairy products.
- Food Microbiology and Thermal Processing Concepts
- An introduction to food microbiology and thermally processed foods
- Thermal processing concepts
- Delivering foods safety and determination of processing conditions
- Processing Plant Equipment
- Continuous pasteurisation
- Batch pasteurisation
- Other processing equipment and filling
- Validation and verification
- Cleaning and Decontamination
- Plant equipment
- Verification and management
- HACCP in Dairy Pasteurisation
The total time to complete the course on the Online Training Platform is approximately 10 hours, however this can be completed at the users own pace over a 14 day period.
Those who successfully complete all modules and the final assessment will receive formal certification.
Certification is acknowledged by the following Australian dairy regulators to meet the requirements for skills and knowledge by pasteuriser operators as specified in the Food Standards Code, Standard 3.2.2.
- Dairysafe South Australia
- Dairy Food Safety Victoria
- NSW Food Authority
- Tasmanian Dairy Industry Authority
- Safe Food Production Queensland
- Western Australia Department of Health
$775 + GST
The course fee includes access to the training course on the Online Training Platform, supply of a hardcopy training manual and continuous support.
Payment accepted via credit card or EFT transfer. Full refund for cancellations prior to courier of training manual.
Online Training Platform
Principles of Food Safety in Dairy Pasteurisation course is presented via DWC FoodTech’s Online Training Platform.
- A tailored course to suit online learning outcomes
- Learn at your own pace over a 14 day period
- Option to select preferred starting date
- Suitable for PC, laptop and tablet
- App available for mobile devices
- Interactive learning using audio and video with PowerPoint slides
- Track your progress
- Direct contact to trainers for questions
- Interactive assessment
A suitable device (PC, laptop or tablet) is required with audio capabilities.
Internet access is required to access the course.
A detailed course reference manual is included in the course fee and will be express couriered once the course fee has been paid.
Onsite (in-house) and online (face-to-face) training options available for large groups. Contact us for more information.
Please note that it will take a minimum of 3 business days from registering to commencing the training course due to the registration and payment process and delivery of the course manual.