Principles of Food Safety in Dairy Pasteurisation
The Principles of Food Safety in Dairy Pasteurisation course has been developed for those involved in processing and packaging of thermally pasteurised milk and is specifically designed to provide an introduction to the theories underpinning the concepts of milk pasteurisation and the critical components of its production.
The course has been developed in accordance with regulatory frameworks and has been acknowledged by Alberta (Canada) Agriculture and Irrigation’s (AGI) Meat and Dairy Inspection Section that successful completion of the course provides eligibility to apply to have a pasteurizer operator license issued by AGI.
The course is designed for operators and supervisors, however is also well suited for those in management, production, quality, technical and maintenance who wish to have a better understanding of the pasteurisation process of milk for sole use, or use in other dairy products.
This course is also offered in Australia. Click here for more information
- Food Microbiology and Thermal Processing Concepts
- An introduction to food microbiology and thermally processed foods
- Thermal processing concepts
- Delivering foods safety and determination of processing conditions
- Processing Plant Equipment
- Continuous pasteurisation
- Batch pasteurisation
- Other processing equipment and filling
- Validation and verification
- Cleaning and Decontamination
- Plant equipment
- Verification and management
- HACCP in Dairy Pasteurisation
The total time to complete the course on the Online Training Platform is approximately 10 hours, however this can be completed at the users own pace over a 14 day period.
Alberta facilities that pasteurize fluid dairy products as part of their operation are required to have all of their pasteurizer operators licensed as pasteurizer operators by Alberta Agriculture and Irrigation (AGI).
Those who successfully complete all modules and the final assessment are eligible to apply to have a pasteurizer operator license issued by AGI’s Meat and Dairy Inspection Section.
Those who successfully complete all modules and the final assessment will receive formal certification.
The course fee includes access to the training course on the Online Training Platform, supply of a hardcopy training manual and support during the course period.
Payment accepted via credit card or EFT (bank) transfer.
The course fee will be invoiced in Canadian Dollars
Full refund for cancellations prior to courier of training manual.
Online Training Platform
Principles of Food Safety in Dairy Pasteurisation course is presented via DWC FoodTech’s Online Training Platform.
- A tailored course to suit online learning outcomes
- Learn at your own pace over a 14 day period
- Option to select preferred starting date
- Suitable for PC, laptop and tablet
- App available for mobile devices
- Interactive learning using audio and video with PowerPoint slides
- Track your progress
- Direct contact to trainers for questions
- Interactive assessment
A suitable device (PC, laptop or tablet) is required with audio capabilities.
Internet access is required to access the course.
A detailed course reference manual is included in the course fee and will be express couriered once the course fee has been paid.
Onsite (in-house) and online (face-to-face) training options available for large groups. Contact us for more information.
Please note that this course cannot be commenced immediately following registration due to the time required for the payment process and delivery of course manuals.